Fall Favorites - Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Bread, Butternut Squash Soup and more

Fall comes to the front porch of Farmhouse
(At least the grape leaves in California change colors.) 


You are probably all sick and tired of me telling you how much I love my house, but I truly do!  Every single day I can't believe how I ended up in this 1911 Farmhouse that is so perfect for me.  The house fits my personality so ideally that I feel like I've lived here my entire life. I feel like I belong here. I love the wood floors; I love eating outside; I love walking to the mailbox; I really love absolutely everything about it.  We've only lived here since April, so this is my first time to experience each season. I had fun pulling out some of the Halloween decorations we've had since the girls were little and putting them in our new house. There is a nostalgic warm feeling seeing some decorations year after year;  those things that stay the same while we all grow and change around them.  Below is one of those decorations: my "ghosters." I bought these ghost coasters at Target when the girls were little. Now I've had them for over ten years, but they still make me smile every time I look at them. Just one of the silly little things in life that makes me happy.


"Ghosters"


We're already in full Gingerbread swing at the bakery, and I'm busy helping my mom and sister, but I wanted to send out some of the Fall Favorites while I had a chance.  Here is the recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins that I wrote for Hollye's website, The Silver Pen.  Or click here for the link for my traditional Pumpkin Bread.  

Beautiful Hollye with the Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
photography Blue Caleel



Oven Roasted Acorn Squash with Fresh Cranberry Sauce 
photography Blue Caleel 





My grandmother's recipe for Butternut Squash Soup.  Her version includes sausage.  The vegan version of the Butternut Squash Soup is on Hollye's website. 
photography Blue Caleel 




Figs ready for the sauté pan!
photography Amy Albertson


And finally one of my favorite fall salads:  The Gina Salad.  It has warm figs and grapes with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and arugula.  Super Yummy!  I'll post a Thanksgiving Menu with recipe links next month.  

Comments

Popular Posts