Paralyzed by BIG Plans and Links To My Other Blogs

I have BIG plans for updating and revising my blog.  Such big plans that I become paralyzed and can't do anything because it seems there is too much to do and that I have to do this before I can do that and so on and so on.  It is often big plans that prevent us from doing the little things right in front of us.

I have about 23 blog posts I want to write this morning.  I want to write the recipe for the Lobster, Grapefruit, Candied Fennel and Avocado Salad that I have never managed to get on the blog even though I've made it for a number of events and it is perfectly romantic for a Valentine's day dinner or any winter event when grapefruit is at its best.  I want to finally get the recipe up for Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cherry Port Sauce.  I want to share Phil's prize-winning Rib recipe on my Recipes from Friends Blog (which I just forced myself to stop writing on this blog and put up right now  So check one box of on the "good intentions/things to do list!")  I want to write about my Year of Finding JOY and all of the amazing and unexpected things that happened with that.  So I also forced myself to stop writing this blog post and create the MY JOY FOR THE DAY blog that tells how it began.  It turned into something far larger than I ever imagined with people giving me JOY from all over the world.  I want to write extensively on this and needed a place to gather the enormous collection of JOY and I decided the blog would be the best place.

Something great just happened in this process of writing this blog post.  I began at 8:00 am with no idea where to begin.  Now it is 11:40 and I accomplished three major things that I had hoped to accomplish. Just because I began.  The process of putting one step in front of the other helps you to go somewhere.  Julia Cameron, in her book The Artist's Way, recommends writing Morning Pages.  The Morning Pages are three pages of anything that just get the clutter and blockage out of your way so you can start making progress and get down to doing your real art or work or whatever it is you want to do.  Our brains just naturally come up with obstacles and excuses and somehow the process of beginning is like doing a warm-up for exercise.  It gets you on your way.

My BIG plans still need to be accomplished but at least I put a few bricks in place this morning.  And brick by brick the big plans will be built.


My Blogs:

The Maili Files  This is my original main recipe blog and the blog you are currently reading.

Recipes from Maili's Recipe Testers (AKA Recipe from Friends)  This was the place for me to share all the wonderful recipes that friends have shared with me.  And I have a boatload of recipes to add to this blog and share with you.

My JOY for the Day  This tells the story of how my search for JOY began and the significant impact it has had on my life and the lives of others.  I will try to gather the collection from the entire year as well as share the new JOY's I discover daily.

The Fiddle Diet (aka Maili's Healthy Recipes).  The name was created because I "Fiddled around" with my original recipes to make them lower calorie and healthier.  I also thought of trying to be "Fit as a Fiddle."  The main concept of the Fiddle Diet is to eat real food:  real delicious wonderful food that even those not trying to lose weight will enjoy.  Another component is to be sure to add a fruit and a vegetable to every meal because that will make you stay full longer in addition to giving you a myriad of health benefits in addition to losing weight.  I was working diligently on this blog before the divorce but in the past two years haven't had the time I've wanted to devote to it.  I hope to work on it again, but at least the many recipes that currently exist on the blog have become family favorites

Maili Writing (I originally created this blog to share thoughts and feelings that had nothing to do with food.  Part of me thinks I should just combine all of these on my main blog, The Maili files, even though that blog was intended to be a recipe blog.  But this is where I wrote about Journaling Your Way to Grace and Diving Through Pain.

Maili's Favorite Quotes I have collected quotes since I was in elementary school.  I still have all of my original notebooks filled with quotes.  The quotes came from everywhere:  books I was reading, tea bags, posters, calendars, etc. etc.  In 2008 I started writing word documents to collect quotes in documents by year.  I will share the collections as well as the new quotes I find daily.  Quotes both inspire and comfort me.




Comments

Popular Posts