Dried Fruit and Cheese Platter for Fall


Cheese, Nut and Dried Fruit Platter for Halloween Party
Preserved and Dried Figs, Dubliner Irish Cheddar, Pumpkin
Seeds, Spiced Pecans, Smoked Gouda, Dried Cherries, Silver Chevre
Macadamia Nuts, Dried Apricots and Grapes

Usually when I make a cheese platter in the summer I lay down fresh grapes leaves that I planted in my backyard for the purpose of cooking and garnishing trays. Then I load up every spot on the tray with as much food as I can. Click here to see my Basics for Assembling a Cheese Platter for an example of what a typical tray looks like.

I usually have another wooden container next to the cheese platter with these pita crackers that I really like and slices of a baguette and slices of a nut and raisin rye bread. I love cheese with bread!

The cheese platter above is another option. This one I made on an antique wooden bread board. I love to find unique trays, platters or containers to display food. You can find them everywhere from tag sales to stores like World Imports to TJ Maxx to even some cool designs at Target. You can also put veggies in glass square flower vases. Or you can use giant terracota pot liners as cheese trays. The options are endless...

Comments

samali said…
Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and internet stuff and this is really irritating. A good blog with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
rice without arsenic

Popular Posts